Pikotek® VCXT™ Isolating Gaskets/Kits
A serrated, machined metal core insulating gasket faced with high-temperature THERMa-PUR™, sleeves, washers, metal backing washers and a Garlock 5500 spacer ring.
The VCXT™ high temperature flange insulation sets create a seal and maintain electrical isolation across a wide range of seating stresses and flange classes in elevated temperature service. They can be used in load compromised connections; such as damaged and/or lined flanges and also heavily bolted connections where significant gasket stresses may be generated.
The insulating gaskets and washers have been designed and developed for use in standard pipeline flanges where both cathodic protection and high integrity sealing are required at elevated service temperatures. For non-standard bolted connections please consult your regional GPT sales manager.
- Fire safe in compliance with API 607 and API 6FB¹⁺²
- THERMa-PUR™ is suitable for sealing across a wide range of chemicals (pH 0-14) and sweet and sour gaseous and liquid hydrocarbons ³
- The standard 316L core and washer metallurgy are NACE (MRO175) compliant.
- High compression characteristics achieve strong seal over wide range of flange surface finishes
- Exceeds temperature capability of traditional vermiculite or glass/epoxy insulation sets – 770°F⁴
- Better handling/shipping integrity than mica or vermiculite based products
- Sizes available 1/2″ – 48″ NPS
- Highest temperature rated isolating product available
- Wide range of chemical resistance